The weather may be hot but your skin doesn’t have to suffer from the drying effects of the sun. These skin-saving tips are must-reads (and must-dos) before heading to the beach:
- Start drinking more water right away to keep skin hydrated before basking in the sun.
- Add olive oil, fish oil (from tuna and sardines), and nuts to your diet.
- Eat water-rich food such as watermelons, berries, apples, or broccoli for extra hydration.
- After sun exposure, avoid hot showers. Take a cold shower instead to lower body temperature.
- Soothe over-exposed skin by applying vitamin-and antioxidant-rich lotion all over your body.
- We love Herbs & Beauty Ultra Nourishing Lotion with cucumber and shea butter, Herbs & Beauty Hydrating Lotion with melon extract and safflower oil, and Herbs & Beauty Refreshing Lotion with kiwi fruit extract and wheat germ oil.
- When sun exposure is unavoidable, apply sunscreen diligently. Revitalize dry skin with Herbs & Beauty Renewing Lotion with apricot extract and rosehip oil.
- Lighten skin with lotion that evens out tone. We also love Herbs & Beauty Brightening Lotion with lychee extract and grapeseed oil.
- The heat may be unbearable but you can still have fun under the sun. Just don’t forget to hydrate your skin and body—it’ll thank you for it.