Your hair is your body’s fashion statement. You have the power to change your look by having your hair colored, cut, or simply styled. However, no matter what your current hairstyle is, you will always have your bad hair days. But this doesn’t mean having to go through the day with less-than-fabulous hair. Here are some tips to address your hair problems and help you achieve great hair every day.
1. Don’t rub your hair with a towel. Hair is most vulnerable when wet, so it’s best just to blot or pat hair dry with a towel. Avoid rubbing or twisting hair tightly into a turban using a towel because wet hair breaks easily. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle and distribute styling products when hair is still wet.
2. Go easy on heated appliances. Your hair dryer set high on heat as well as curling irons when used too hot can leave permanent welts that weaken and dull the hair shaft. This can also cause breakage and split ends. Always keep hair appliances on low setting.
3. Shampoo well. Gently brush or finger-comb your hair before getting into the shower to loosen up tangles and residue. Leave hair hanging down when shampooing and gently massage in shampoo starting at the roots and working downwards. Don’t pile shampoo on top of your head and don’t use too much of it either.
4. Check the food you eat. Omega-3 fatty acid-rich food like fish and distilled fish oil are known to make hair healthier and shinier. Don’t forget to include walnuts, flaxseed, avocados, sardines, eggs, skim milk and green tea in your diet for hair nourishment.
5. Take vitamin supplements. Vitamins that are linked to good hair health and promote hair growth are the B-group vitamins such as B6, biotin, folate, pantothenic acid and niacin. A few great sources of Vitamin B are beans, peas, carrots, cauliflower, bran, soybeans, nuts, and eggs.
6. Get rid of flakes. Dandruff results from inflammation of the scalp and from a fungus that loves to reside in hair. Frequent washing with an anti-dandruff shampoo helps control scaling and minimize itch.
You can also achieve great-looking hair with everyday use of Nature’s Way Aloe Vera Shampoo and Conditioner. Total Nourishment Care has premium Italian olive Oil, Ginseng Plus and Aloe Vera to nourish dry, damaged hair. Total Shine Care also has premium Italian Olive Oil and Aloe Vera Plus for shinier, sleeker hair. Total Anti-Dandruff Care contains ZPT Plus and Aloe Vera to remove visible flakes and leave an invisible shield to protect the scalp from dirt. Enjoy at-home salon results now and say goodbye to bad hair days!